"Behold, children are a heritage frm the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

I love bringing forth children... and this is my journey in training them for the King

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cherishing the Moments

It's April now. The time is flying by, as usual... never stopping or slowing down for me to enjoy the precious moments in life! As I reflect on how fleeting this life is, I am reminded how easily we forget those precious moments we swore we never would.

That is why, against my better judgment, I am posting a picture of myself. It's early in the morning... there are still some sleeping in this house. I look like I rolled out of bed and snapped this pic in my pajamas. But the memory of what is underneath my clothes is what I wish to keep.

I am now entering my third trimester... for the fourth time. Twenty-eight weeks and going strong! This is the hardest leg of the race to endure, for me, with my pregnancies. I'm "all out front", unevenly distributed weight, tired, achy back, sore feet, lack of breath when I walk, no room when I eat... and so on. However, I choose to cherish this time when my tiny baby thrashes about inside the womb, kicking, hitting, hiccupping, rolling, swimming, dancing... whatever it is that he/she feels like doing in the security of the Lord's creation! All too soon, we will welcome this precious gift into the real world, and while we will attempt to re-create a safe, secure environment where our children can be nurtured and grow, the reality of the cold, dark world we live in simply cannot be altogether escaped!

And once again, I will grow to miss those kicks, hits, and rhythmic hiccups and the time I spent watching with amazement as my belly moved around and I marvelled at the magnificant creativity of the Master Artist of Life.

So without further delay...

No comments:

Post a Comment